Helical Beam Coupling
Bervina produces single piece construction helical beam couplings with zero backlash and constant velocity that compensates for angular, parallel and axial misalignments during operation.
Beam coupling has a very high torsional stiffness that makes it appropriate for motion control applications where extremely accurate positioning, frequent stop and goes and reverse rotation is required. Couplings are available in stainless steel and aluminum with metric, inch and inch to metric bore sizes with H7 tolerance.
There are single (three beam) and multi (six) beam couplings available with set screw or clamping attachment styles. Single beam couplings have a shorter length allowing us to build in existing equipments with all the best attributes of a helical coupling. Multi beam couplings have double spiral that provides superior misalignment capabilities in all directions and higher torque capacity.
Couplings are for applications such as shaft encoders, resolvers, step motors, all form of servo devices, linear and ball screw actuators, robots, positioning tables, computers and radar.
- One piece metal construction
- Bores from 1.9 mm to 19 mm (0.075 inch to0.750 inch)
- Compensates for angular, parallel and axial misalignments
- Clamp and set screw attachment styles
- Zero backlash
- Constant velocity
- Stainless steel and aluminum versions
- Internal bore relief as standard for single beam optional for multi beam couplings
- High tolerance to chemicals, corrosion, heat
- Short delivery time